Faith Formation, Worship, and Spiritual Practices
You are encouraged to use the opportunities below as a way of taking some time away from the anxiety of the world and focusing on your relationship with God.
All are warmly welcomed!
Archives can be found on the website's Documents and Videos page.
Sunday Evening Parking Lot Service
September Sunday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and October Sunday evenings at 4:00 p.m. in the parking lot at Christ Lutheran, you will be greeted in your car at either the front or back "east" entrances to the parking lot where communion bags and worship bulletins are distributed. An FM radio channel is set up so that you can hear the service directly in your car OR you may choose to set up a lawn chair in the grassy area. Special dates to add to your calendar are October 4 - Blessing of Pets and October 25 - Reformation Campfire Worship.
Weekly Drive-Through Prayer and Communion
Our last day for Drive-Through Prayer and Communion will be on Thursday, September 24, at the Christ Lutheran Parking lot from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. After that time, we encourage people to contact the parish office if you would like to schedule a time with Pastor Gary to visit at your home or for you to come to one of the churches for prayer and communion.
Weekly Bible Study Opportunities
Each begins at 7:30 a.m. and are archived and accessible following the live event.
Wednesday's Bible study is a dig into the text to learn more about its meaning. Friday's Bible study is a response to comments and questions from Wednesday.
Wednesday, September 23, YouTube Live Link: https://youtu.be/m_cXaULEA6Q
Friday, September 25, YouTube Live Link: https://youtu.be/RFGHS7puv5c
This week's Scripture text is: Matthew 21:23-32
Livestream worship from Trinity at 9:30 A.M. We are trying new technology and may need to iron out the kinks. We ask for your patience. If the worship service does not go live at 9:30 A.M. due to technology issues, the recorded worship video will be uploaded later in the day. We hope to offer livestreamed worship each Sunday morning from Trinity. Please refresh your browser if necessary to update for the newest content.
Dear Friends of the Milton Lutheran Parish,
I hope this communication finds you all doing well and enjoying the cooler weather! Fall is my favorite time of the year. I just love to watch the leaves change, the animals prepare for winter, and of course the breezy temperatures.
As we come into the fall season, we are anticipating some changes in the ministry at the Parish. I wanted to bring your attention to these changes so we can get ready.
1. Prayer and Communion- Our last day for Prayer and Communion will be on September 24. After that time, we encourage people to contact the parish office if you would like to schedule prayer and communion with me. We can either set up a time for me to visit at your home or for you to come to one of the church’s, and I bring communion to you.
2. Parking Lot Worship Time- Starting October 4, we are changing the parking lot worship time to 4:00 P.M. to allow leeway for the diminishing daylight. People are still encouraged to visit with each other both before and after worship. You are also encouraged to set up a tailgate meal if you’d like to stay.
3. Live Streaming Worship- Starting this Sunday we will be live streaming worship from Trinity at 9:30 A.M. You can access the link for worship through the parish website, on the parish Youtube channel, or on Facebook. Because we are trying out new technology, it may take us some time to iron out the kinks. For that reason, we ask for your patience. If the worship service does not go live at 9:30 A.M. that means, we are having technology issues. Instead we will upload a recorded worship video later in the day for your viewing. Once we iron out all the kinks, we hope to offer live streamed worship each Sunday morning from Trinity.
4. Cold Weather- With the cold weather comes more complications with providing outdoor worship. We have put together a team of people to consider our worship options and will be communicating a winter worship plan/schedule to you sometime in October. You can expect the above changes to be implemented throughout the month of October.
5. Worship Leadership- We are looking for readers to read the scripture text for either the parking lot or live streamed worship services. If you are interested in reading, please reach out to Donna Riccio so she can put you on the schedule.
Pet Blessing- Bring your pet with you to parking lot worship on Sunday, October 4, for a pet blessing. There will be a special time of prayer and a blessing for all pets during the service.
Campfire Worship- On Sunday, October 25, we will be celebrating Reformation with a campfire worship. Bring your chairs or stay in your cars. There will be campfires, singing, hotdogs, S’mores, and other campfire treats! Masks and social distancing are required.
Have a blessed week!
Milton Lutheran Parish is a partnership of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church and Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in Milton, PA.
Formed in 2016, our ministry is centered in faith formation, parish community life, worship, and fellowship, and engagement in the greater Milton community. We warmly welcome everyone to our worship services, bible studies, fellowship and outreach opportunities.
Serving God through faith formation, worship, service, evangelism, and fellowship.
Our energy is ignited by being active and intentional in faith formation, worship, service, evangelism, and fellowship. Guided and directed by the Word and Spirit, we are empowered to be a transforming community for Jesus.
The Reverend Gary Schaeffer serves as Milton Lutheran Parish’s pastor and leads our online worship services, bible studies, spiritual practices, and drive-through prayer and communion each week. We are thankful for his leadership and creative worship experiences which have kept us spiritually strong and connected through the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the documents page for resources. All are welcome.
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter and hear from us about events and ways to become involved.